Keystone Foods (Keystone) is one of the world’s largest food distribution and processing firms and a main supplier to McDonald’s Corporation on a global basis. Keystone owned a distribution center, located in Aston, Pennsylvania, for approximately thirty (30) years to service its food distribution business in the Philadelphia metropolitan area and beyond, which had become obsolete.
Keystone engaged SREA to spearhead a project team to help secure a 22-acre greenfield site to build a new 160,000 square foot, cross-dock distribution center, to include cooler/freezer areas, a fuel station and truck maintenance facilities.
- Created preliminary project budget and projected schedule
- Performed a current needs analysis
- Performed employee and targeted customer demographics analyses
- Conducted a market survey
- Performed building and site inspections and analyses
- Conducted Pennsylvania state IDC Grant negotiations
- Produced a request for proposal
- Performed a financial analysis off-balance sheet – lease versus purchase
- Provided representation at local Planning Commission meetings
- Provided disposition services
How SREA Added Value
SREA’s work involved development approvals, subdivisions, land planning, project cost analysis, Pennsylvania State IDC Grant allocations, off-balance sheet financing options and securing a buyer for the disposition of the existing Aston facility. The new facility located in Coatesville, Pennsylvania is now completely operational.